NOTE: The Westland Clinic no longer provides sleep disorder testing. We left the following information to help you. For primary doctor care and consultation please contact us for an appointment.
Westland, Wayne, Garden City, Livonia Michigan
At some time in life, most people have experienced what it is like to have trouble falling asleep. However, when sleep problems become a regular occurrence and they get in the way of your daily routine and hamper your ability to function properly, you may be suffering from a sleep disorder.
Sleep disorders and other sleeping problems cause more than just being sleepy. Poor quality sleep can have a negative impact on your life style, energy, emotional balance, productivity, and your health. If you’re experiencing sleeping problems, learn about the signs and symptoms of common sleep disorders, what you can do to help yourself, and when to see a doctor.
Some simple signs of a sleep disorder include:
- falling asleep or feel very tired while driving
- feel irritable or sleepy during the day
- have difficulty staying awake when sitting still, watching television or reading
- have difficulty concentrating
- being told by others that you look tired
- slower reactions
- have trouble controlling your emotions?
- feel like you have to take a nap almost every day
- require caffeinated beverages to keep yourself going
The goal is to make people healthier. Determining the cause of the sleep disorder and resolve any issues. Sleep Doctors also give advice about diet, exercise, and sleep, or recommendations if needed.