October is right around the corner, and with October bring Breast Cancer Awareness Month. For anyone in the Metro Detroit area who has ever been touched by breast cancer, October is more than a month of awareness, it’s a month to give back. At Millennium Medical Group, we want to keep you looped to local events in the Metro Detroit area that you can get involved in to help fight Breast Cancer.
The first and most important thing you can do is to get screened for breast cancer. Getting an annual mammogram will help you detect the early signs of breast cancer and can help increase your chances of beating breast cancer. There are new guidelines to breast cancer screening, and if you’re over the age of 45 you should get annual mammograms.
Ways to Give Back This October
Here are some other events going on in the Metro Detroit area to support breast cancer research and survivors:
Bras for a Cause
October 1st 2016
Royal Oak Music Theater
This auction and fundraiser is a great way to help give back to cancer research. There will be live music, great food from local restaurants, and the highlight of the evening: The Survivors Fashion show! For tickets and additional details Click here
Red Wings “Hockey Fights Cancer” game:
SAT, OCT 29 at 7:00 PM
Detroit Red Wings vs. Boston Bruins
Show up, enjoy one last season at the Joe Louis arena, and help in the fight against breast cancer.
Plus you get to watch the Red Wings, win/win
The American Cancer Society has their annual walk-a-thons to raise money and awareness for breast cancer research.
Events in the Metro Detroit Area:
- Making Strides of Oakland County Making Strides of Oakland County
- October 22, 2016 | Rochester Municipal Park, Pine and Sixth St, Rochester, MI, 48307
- Making Strides of Macomb County Making Strides of Macomb County
- October 15, 2016 | Downtown Mt Clemens, 1 Crocker Blvd, Mt Clemens, MI, 48043
- Making Strides of Detroit Making Strides of Detroit
- October 8, 2016 | Hart Plaza, 1 Hart Plz, Detroit, MI, 48226
- Making Strides of Ann Arbor Making Strides of Ann Arbor
- October 15, 2016 | Washtenaw Community College, 4800 E Huron River Dr, Ann Arbor, MI, 48105
Sign up for any of these events through the American Cancer society’s website.
So get out and show your support, but most importantly get your yearly mammogram and help spread awareness.